(1) 250.472.8528


Here are some of the answers to many of our most frequently asked questions.

If you have any questions that are not answered below, please send a message our way. Our contact details are here.

Q: I am having a dispute with my landlord/tenant. Who can help me?

A: The Residential Tenancy Office provides information to tenants and landlords regarding their rights and responsibilities as established by the Residential Tenancy Act.

The Tenants Resource and Advisory Council is a non-profit organization that provides information on residential tenancy law in BC.

Q: I applied for MSP premium assistance but I have received a call and/or letter from a collection agency. What should I do?

A: Contact the collection agency and tell them you have applied for premium assistance. As long as you remain a resident of BC, your MSP coverage will not be cancelled. Visit MSP’s frequently asked questions for more information. If you are still having difficulty, contact our office.

Q: My doctor has prescribed me a drug and Pharmacare will not pay for it. Can you explain why?

A: PharmaCare has a list of prescription drugs approved for the treatment of various illnesses. A doctor will sometimes prescribe a different drug to treat your illness because he or she has found the approved drug does not work for you.

In this case, the doctor must provide a Special Authority form to PharmaCare requesting approval of the drug as a substitute for the approved drug. On the form, the doctor must explain what drug has already been prescribed and why it was found to be unsuitable. Occasionally, a doctor will prescribe a drug that is fairly new on the market and has not yet been approved for PharmaCare coverage, or it has not been approved for use for your specific condition. Again, your doctor must send a Special Authority form to Pharmacare requesting coverage. For more information, go to the PharmaCare website. For more information on the Special Authority process, click here.

Q: I’m having difficulty reaching MSP, what can I do?

A: To find alternative ways to contact MSP, visit the frequently asked questions section of their Web site. If you are still having trouble reaching them, contact our office.

Q: I lost or need to renew my driver’s licence. What do I do?

A: You can find more information on renewing or replacing your driver’s licence here.